Good Evening, Essex Tech Families!
We have reached the end of Quarter 1 and right on cue the weather is turning colder and fall sports are coming to an end. Congratulations to all of our teams who have competed in tournament games and competitions this week.
Here is a preview of the schedule for this coming week.
|Monday, November 6, 2023||Day 9: Green|
|Tuesday, November 7, 2023||No School for Students|
|Wednesday, November 8, 2023||Day 1: Blue 8:45 am Late Start|
|Thursday, November 9, 2023||Day 2: Blue|
|Friday, November 10, 2023||No School|
- Tuesday, November 7th – No School for Students/Professional Development for teachers.
- Friday, November, 10th – No School for Veterans Day
- Saturday, November 18th – Open House for prospective students
- Wednesday, November 22-Friday, November 24 – No School Thanksgiving
School Picture Days are approaching! Students should dress their best for their school picture on their scheduled day. Caregivers will receive an individual email when their child’s photos are ready to purchase.
- Grade 9 – Thursday, November 9, 2023
- Grade 10 – Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- Grade 11 – Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Grade 12 – Thursday, November 16, 2023
We continue to struggle with the late buses and wanted to provide clarification again.
- 4:15 pm late buses are available to students who stay after school for extra help, after-school support in the Media Center, extra-curricular activities, sports, or detention only.
- 5:45 pm late buses are for students in Drama Club and sports.
- Students must sign up for the 4:15 and 5:45 Late Buses by 9:15 am every day that they need a ride.
- After 9:15 am, the routes are planned, and we cannot add stops.
- Students cannot wait for the late bus and expect a ride if they have not signed up.
- Students who remain at school and plan to take the 4:15 late bus must be supervised by an adult.
Electric Go-Kart Integration Academy 2023
We still have a few openings for any student in grades 9 or 10 who would be interested in joining our Electric Go-Kart Integration Academy for students interested in a fun-filled, hands-on project involving e-Go Karts and e-Snow Tracks that will take place two days a week after school from 2:45-4:15 pm with Ms. Froisland and Ms. LaRosa.
The goal of this Integration Academy is to provide students with an additional 10+ hours in mathematical learning through a highly engaging engineering design project that will be taught by Essex Tech teachers. The Electric Go-Kart Integration Academy will be run as an after-school program throughout the school year. Each quarter students will work on building a different electric vehicle.
Participating students need to attend all days of the Electric Go-Kart Integration Academy. We will provide snacks and drinks for students for all after-school sessions. As an incentive for perfect attendance throughout this after-school Integration Academy, students will receive the following:
- a $25.00 gift card for perfect attendance per quarter.
- Some really cool Essex Tech swag.
- Extra credit points added to your quarterly Math grade, beginning Quarter 2.
- In January and June, lunch in the Bistro.
For interested students, please complete the application here. This after-school program will meet on Thursday, November 9, 2023 from 2:45-4:15 pm in the Integration Learning Lab (E-120). There is no program offered on Tuesday, November 7th because there is no school on that day. Please note that if you have already had your student apply and been accepted, then there is no need to complete this application.
In case you missed it!
Click here to view our previous messages.
Heidi T. Riccio, Ed.D. Shannon Donnelly, M.A.T. Thomas O’Toole, Ed.D.
Superintendent-Director Principal Asst. Superintendent
Pictures of the Week
The entire Essex Tech community enjoyed hosting our German students. They were able to see and experience our technical and agricultural programs, attend our games, and loved the food! Thank you especially to our host students, their families, Mr. Stark, Ms. Walton, and Mr. Bilton for all of their work to support this visit.
Our 2023 National FFA team ready for the National Conference!