Essex Tech’s Winter athletic season is off and running, and our teams are off to great starts all around the state. Our Athletic Website can be found here. Our electronic ticketing system remains up and running and can be found here for all of your needs moving forward.
Weekly Schedule of Events (Away = Green Home = Blue)
Monday, January 23rd
- Boys JV Hockey 5:30 @ Shawsheen Tech (Away)
Tuesday, January 24th
- Boys JV Basketball 4:00 @ Minuteman (Away)
- Boys Varsity Basketball 5:30 @ Minuteman (Away)
- Boys and Girls Indoor Track 5:30 @ Manchester-Essecx (Away)
- Girls JV Basketball 4:00 vs. Hamilton-Wenham (Home)
- Girls Varsity Basketball 5:30 vs. Hamilton-Wenham (Home)
Wednesday, January 25th
- Boys Freshman Basketball 3:45 @ Hamilton-Wenham (Away)
- Boys JV Basketball 5:00 @ Hamilton-Wenham (Away)
- Boys Varsity Basketball 6:30 @ Hamilton-Wenham (Away)
- Boys JV Hockey 4:30 @ Gloucester (Away)
- Wrestling 6:30 @ Lynn Tech (Away)
- Boys Varsity Hockey 6:30 vs. North Reading (Home)
Thursday, January 26th
- No Events
Friday, January 27th
- Boys JV Basketball 4:00 @ Lynn Tech (Away)
- Boys Varsity Basketball 5:30 @ Lynn Tech (Away)
- Swimming 8:00 @ Masco (Away)
- Girls JV Basketball 4:00 vs. Lowell Catholic (Home)
- Girls Varsity Basketball 5:30 vs. Lowell Catholic (Home)
Saturday, January 28th
- Wrestling 8:00am @ State Vocational Meet (Away)
- Boys JV Hockey 8:00pm @ Bishop Fenwick (Away)
- Girls Freshman Basketball 9:00am vs. Northeast (Home)
- Boys Freshman Basketball 10:15am vs. Northeast (Home)
- Boys Varsity Hockey 12:00 vs. Lowell Catholic (Home)
- Girls Varsity Hockey 7:30 vs. Bishop Feehan (Home)
Boys Basketball was idle last week, as their only contest on the schedule was postponed and rescheduled for 2/15. The boys have a big three-game week coming up, including a battle for first place on the road against Lynn Tech on Friday night (1/27). All games are streamed on Talon TV.
Girls Basketball dropped both their match-ups last week, which brings their record to 4-6 on the season. Their Tuesday night contest was tough fought, being led once again by Senior Bryanna Grant. The girls will look to bounce back in a big way with two big home games this week, so be sure to come and show your support!
Winter Cheer is working hard and has attended every home basketball game to support both the girls and boys teams, and will continue to represent as the season moves on. The squad is loud and energetic and brings life to the gym during game play.
Boys Hockey remains unbeaten so far on the year, bringing their tally to an impressive 11-0-1! The week was highlighted by an electric game vs. Danvers at the Essex Sports Center. Brady Leonard netted a goal in the contest, but the goal everyone wanted came from Armani Booth with :43 left giving the Hawks a 3-2 victory. The boys also took care of business against Nashoba Tech on Saturday, winning by a score of 9-1.
Girls Hockey dropped their only contest of the week, in a very hard fought match-up against Stoneham-Wilmington by a score of 5-3. Coach Kasle remains positive, as their record sits at 4-6-2, and has the girls ready to take on a strong Bishop Feehan squad on Saturday at the Essex Sports Center (1/28).
Boys & Girls Indoor Track took on Amesbury last week, as both the boys and girls squad dropped their meets. The teams continue to improve as the year goes on, as Coach Gwilliam notes that 30 athletes set new personal records in the event. The varsity squad heads to the New Balance Center to take on Manchester Essex on Tuesday evening beginning at 5:30.
Wrestling won a very tight meet on Friday afternoon at the Hawks Nest, getting the best of Danvers by a score of 45-36. Trevor O’Neil secured the match victory with a late pin. The squad will head to Greater New Bedford to compete at the State Vocational Meet this upcoming weekend.
Swimming competed in a very tight meet against Danvers last Tuesday, but came up just short in the event. Ely Wallen came in first place in the 50m freestyle with a time of 23.96 while Susie Jopsephson placed first in the 500m freestyle at a 6:14.07 clip.
Assistant Coordinator of Athletics, Wellness, & Health Services
Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School