Good Afternoon Caregivers & Students:
Commissioner Riley has released new guidance related to our COVID-19 safety procedures. We would like to give a brief overview of the changes that affect our students and staff.
- Students no longer have to wear masks when outdoors even if distance cannot be maintained. Effective May 18, 2021, this guidance update applies to recess, physical education, youth sports, and outdoor learning environments.
- Adults must continue to wear masks outdoors if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- At this time, adults and students must continue to wear masks indoors.
- Adults and students can wear gaiters, if they are double-layered or folded to create a double layer.
- Masks will still be required on buses. If a student refuses to wear a mask on the bus that student will not be allowed to ride the bus.
Information related to sports (per the MIAA)
- Athletes on spring teams in active play outdoors are not required to wear a mask/facial covering.
- Athletes when they are on the bench or in a dugout are not required to wear a mask/facial covering.
- Athletes in low-risk sports when indoors where a distance of at least 14 feet or more is consistently maintained between each participant, are not required to wear a mask/facial covering.
- Spectators and chaperones, coaches, staff, referees, umpires and other officials who can social distance while outdoors, are not required to wear a mask/face covering.
- Visitors, spectators, volunteers, and staff while indoors are required to wear a mask/facial covering. Students do not have to wear masks for sports.
- Spectators at outdoor sporting events do not need to wear masks.
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Curative to provide a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination clinic for our students right on campus on Friday, May 28th and Friday, June 18. If you are interested in registering for the clinic, please use this link.
The first dose will be on Friday, May 28, from 8:00 to 11:00 am and the second dose will be on Friday, June 18, from 8:00 to 11:00 am. Both of these days are scheduled half-days for students.
Here is a quick preview of the schedule for this coming week.
Monday, May 24
Day 9: Green
11:30 am late start for Grade 12
Tuesday, May 25
Day 10: Green
11:30 am late start for Grade 12
Wednesday, May 26
Day 1: Blue
Due to MCAS, we will have a regular 7:45 am start
Thursday, May 27
Day 2: Blue
Friday, May 28
Day 3: Blue
11:02 am Early Release
MCAS testing begins next week.
- Grade 10
- Next-Generation Math MCAS: Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th
- Here is a short presentation that will outline the logistics for the MCAS testing days.
- Grade 11
- Legacy Math MCAS: Wednesday, May 26th and Thursday, May 27th
- Here is the informational presentation about Grade 11 MCAS testing.
Schedule Change on Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th
We will be changing the schedule on Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th due to MCAS test administration. We will run the period backwards: E, D, C, B, A. This will allow senior A-block and B-block classes to meet during the last two days of senior academics. Please note: this schedule change will impact CTE and Wellness classes as well.
Spring Sports Online Store
The online store for spring sports apparel will be open until May 25th. Click here to shop.
Due to the MCAS testing schedule over the next two weeks, we have moved Senior Sign Out to Thursday, June 3rd. Seniors will officially sign out on June 3rd when they are at school for the Senior Breakfast and graduation practice. At this time, Seniors will receive their school records and caps and gowns.
Prom Payment Link
Here is the link to purchase prom tickets. As a reminder the prom will be held on Saturday, June 5th from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. Tickets are $35.00 each. This prom is for seniors only. Unfortunately, due to COVID restrictions, no outside guests are permitted. Tickets will be on sale until Wednesday, May 26th.
We are still in need of donations for the prom. If you would like to help, please click here for more information.
Massachusetts Educations and Career Inc will be hosting two FAFSA Nights this month open to all surrounding high schools. If you need help completing the FAFSA or need help finishing the financial aid process please consider attending. This is the flyer with a live link to the sign-up for the dates of Wednesday, May 19th and Wednesday, May 26th from 3:00 – 6:00 pm.
Here is the link to the ENSATS COVID Dashboard. This is updated at the close of every week. You can also find it on the Families page of our website in the COVID-19 section.
Activities Week of May 24, 2021
Please review the following document for information about activities for the Week of May 24, 2021
Heidi T. Riccio, Ed.D., Superintendent-Director
Shannon B. Donnelly, M.A.T., Principal
Thomas O’Toole, Ed.D., Assistant Superintendent
Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School
565 Maple Street | Hathorne, MA 01937
(978) 304-4700 | EssexNorthShore.org
Find us on Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Create | Encourage | Promote | Develop
Picture of the Week
Congratulations to the Health Assisting Class of 2021 who had their pinning ceremony on Thursday, May 20th. Best of luck to our Certified Nursing Assistants!