Dear Grade 12 Students and Caregivers:
As promised, I would like to provide some additional information regarding Senior Week activities and the prom. Following my last communication, there were several changes to the guidance related to outdoor activities and the numbers of people that may attend these events. Given this information, the Prom survey results, and feedback from students and parents, we are happy to announce that we will be able to have a prom for the senior class.
In light of needing to follow these restrictions set forth by the state, this Prom may look just a bit different.
We will hold the Prom on the lawn of Smith Hall, in a garden party style from 5:30 to 8:30 pm on Saturday, June 5th. The attire will be “Dress your Best!” Fancy dresses and tuxes are welcome, but more casual attire is perfectly okay, too. There will be a caterer to provide appetizers and desserts, and we will have a DJ as well. Please be on the lookout for an email over the next week to purchase tickets online. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate outside guests, this event will be for members of the Class of 2021 only. Several parents have offered to lend a hand in order to make this event a success for our seniors. If you would like to help by donating or volunteering, please click here to view our Sign Up Genius page and let us know how you can help.
I did want to provide a few reminders about the other senior events that we have planned.
May 12th – May 18th Spirit Week
- Wednesday, May 12th – Tourist Day
- Thursday, May 13th – Decades Day
- Friday, May 14th – Pajama day
- Monday, May 17th – Formal day
- Tuesday, May 18th – Future Plans day
Thursday, May 27th
- 5th-Annual Virtual Senior Trivia Night
Wednesday, June 2nd
- 12:30 pm – Graduate Lunch: Food Trucks and Outdoor Games
- 2:45 pm – Car Parade (We will not have additional parking for Senior caregivers to watch the parade, but you may ride with your senior in the parade.)
Thursday, June 3rd
- 8:45 am – Senior Breakfast and Yearbook Distribution (sponsored by the Essex North Shore PTO)
- 10:00 am – Graduation Practice
- 6:00 pm – Awards Night
Friday, June 4th
- 6:00 pm – Graduation
Saturday, June 5th
- 10:00 am – Graduation Rain Date (if inclement weather)
- 5:30 pm – Prom
Thank you all for your patience as we try to determine the best and safest way to celebrate our Class of 2021. I also want to thank the Senior Class Advisors, Ms. Sullivan and Ms. O’Brien, as well as the class officer team, for their dedication and hard work to make all of these events possible.
Lastly, we have received several questions about the two-guest (2) limit for each student at graduation. I will be working with our Facilities Director next week to determine if we will be able to accommodate more guests. I will share that information with you as soon as it is available.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon B. Donnelly