Essex Tech’s Winter athletic season is off and running, and our teams are off to great starts all around the state. Our Athletic Website can be found here. Our electronic ticketing system remains up and running and can be found here for all of your needs moving forward.
Weekly Schedule of Events (Away = Green Home = Blue)
Monday, January 30th
- Boys JV Hockey 4:00 vs. Nashoba Tech (Home)
Tuesday, January 31st
- Boys JV Basketball 4:00 @ Northeast (Away)
- Boys Varsity Basketball 5:30 @ Northeast (Away)
- Boys and Girls Indoor Track 5:30 @ Hamilton-Wenham (Away)
- Girls JV Basketball 4:00 vs. Shawsheen (Home)
- Girls Varsity Basketball 5:30 vs. Shawsheen (Home)
- Coed Swimming 7:30 vs. Beverly (Home)
Wednesday, February 1st
- Girls Varsity Hockey 4:00 @ Arlington Catholic (Away)
- Wrestling 6:30 @ Pentucket (Away)
- Boys JV Basketball 4:00 vs. Minuteman (Home)
- Boys Varsity Basketball 5:30 vs. Minuteman (Home)
- Boys Varsity Hockey 6:30 vs. Northeast (Home)
Thursday, February 2nd
- Girls JV Basketball 4:00 @ Swampscott (Away)
- Girls Varsity Basketball 5:30 @ Swampscott (Away)
Friday, February 3rd
- Boys and Girls JV Indoor Track 4:00 @ All Teams (Away)
- Boys JV Hockey 4:00 vs. Shawsheen (Home)
- Boys Varsity Basketball 4:00 vs. Fellowship (Home)
Saturday, February 4th
- Wrestling 9:00 @ Pentucket (Away)
- Boys Freshman Basketball 10:00 @ Shawsheen (Away)
- Girls Varsity Hockey 4:00 @ Auburn (Away)
- Varsity Boys Hockey 12:00 vs. Shawsheen (Home)
Sunday, February 5th
- Boys JV Hockey 4:00 @ Rockport (Away)
Boys Basketball went 1-2 last week to bring their overall record to 6-5. The boys beat Minuteman by a score of 67-50 last Tuesday with Colin Holden scoring 13 points en route to the victory. On Friday, they played a very hard fought game before coming up just short in OT. Christian Federico nailed a game-tying three pointer to send the game into an extra period. Boys hoop looks to get back in the win column this week with three games, including games at home on Wednesday and Friday.
Girls Basketball split a pair of games last week and was highlighted by a gritty win against Lowell Catholic on Friday night. The score of the contest was 47-40 with Bryanna Grant leading the way once again. She tallied 18 points, 13 boards, and 7 blocks while Thais Dos Santos added some intensity to the contest scoring 6 points and recording 8 boards. The girls have one home game on Tuesday this week before hitting the road for a match-up against Swampscott on Friday.
Winter Cheer is working hard and has attended every home basketball game to support both the girls and boys teams, and will continue to represent as the season moves on. The squad is loud and energetic and brings life to the gym during game play.
Boys Hockey continues to impress as they won a pair of games last week to bring their overall record to 13-0-1 on the year! They beat North Reading 6-3 after being down two goals early in the game while freshman Brian DeLisio earned player of the game honors from Coach Leonard. The Hawks took on Lowell Catholic on Saturday afternoon and earned a 2-1 victory to remain unbeaten. Junior Armani Booth scored the overtime game winner after a very tight contest.
Girls Hockey dropped their only contest of the week, in a tough game against Bishop Feehan (BF). Freshman goaltender Eryn Maher got her first varsity action on Saturday as she was stellar in shutting out BF in the last ten minutes of the game. The girl’s record now sits at 4-7-2 as they look to take advantage of a two game week vs. Arlington Catholic and Auburn!
Boys & Girls Indoor Track took on Manchester-Essex last week, as the event was highlighted by many Hawk athletes. We had 18 competitors set personal records in the match-up while Maddie McDonald, Sofia Visconti, and Chris Morency were part of eight 1st place finishes on Tuesday evening.
Wrestling competed in the State Vocational Tournament last week on Saturday afternoon, and will continue to compete during the winter season as they are in action on Wednesday against Pentucket and then again on Saturday against Whittier Tech
Swimming had one meet last week on Friday against Macso and continues to perform well this season. Our coed swimming team is back in action this week on Tuesday night as the Peabody YMCA to take on Beverly for Essex Tech senior night.
Assistant Coordinator of Athletics, Wellness, & Health Services
Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School