We are delighted to begin our 2022-2023 school year in just a few weeks. We look forward to welcoming your student back to school where our dedicated faculty will work every day to create and deliver dynamic lessons in our career technical and agricultural areas and in our academic classrooms. Our mission is to help students to grow as learners and to promote a positive school culture at Essex Tech.
The administrative team has been meeting throughout the summer to prepare for the 2022-2023 school year. We have an exciting year ahead, which will include increased collaboration between academic and CTAE classes; more on-campus construction projects; and our continued work on equity and belonging to ensure that all students feel safe and supported in our learning community. We have also hired some amazing new teachers, who will be excellent additions to our educational faculty.
Here is the schedule for the first week of school:
- Monday, August 29, 2022: Teacher Professional Development Day. No school for students.
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022: Teacher Professional Development Day. No school for students.
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022: First day for all. This is a full day of school with a 7:45 am start.
- Thursday, September 1, 2022: Day 2: This is a full day of school.
- Friday, September 2, 2022: No school for students and staff.
- Monday, September 5, 2022: No school – Labor Day – School is closed.
For additional dates and details please view the 2022-2023 School Calendar.
Student schedules are almost complete. Aspen accounts are currently disabled to allow us to finish scheduling. All students will receive an email when schedules are available to view in Aspen.
If your student borrows a Chromebook for the school year, the device may be picked up from Technology Office during the first week of school at any time. If students would like to pick up their devices prior to school starting, they are welcome to do so on August 17, 18, or 22 between 9:00 am – 12:00 pm or 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Please complete the Technology Loan Agreement and have your student bring it to the Technology Office.
CTAE Uniform Sales
Be sure to order uniforms for your child before the deadline on August 12th! Program-specific uniforms are required as we train our future workforce. Safety glasses can be purchased at any hardware store or Amazon. Please reach out to your CTAE Director if there are financial considerations. We are happy to assist. Here is the link to the online Uniform Stores.
Over the next few days, each family will receive an additional email from us with a SNAP CODE and a link to the Required Information Form. This form will allow you to complete all required documents and signoffs online using one form. The online form will include:
- Student Biographical Information
- Family/Emergency Information
- Medical Information
- Directory Information
- Student Handbook
- Technology Responsible Use Policy
We asked that each family complete the Required Information Form by Friday, September 9, 2022.
In an effort to be more sustainable, we are asking that you view online information essential to the start of the school year at essexnorthshore.org/families. The required items that we ask you to review and become familiar with are listed below.
Updated information regarding bus routes, late buses, and student parking is available for review on the
- School Meals Information: Please review the following letter from our new Director of Food Services, Mr. Brian Shaw, for important information regarding universal free lunch and the school lunch program.
- School Lunch Accounts: Please see this link to set up a school lunch account with MySchoolBucks.com.
- Free-and-Reduced-Meals Application: (This will also be included in your student’s Orientation folder.)
If applicable, please complete the application, found in the “Information for Families” tab and return to school as soon as possible. The earlier it is received; the faster it can be processed.
- Medication Administration Consent Form and Medication Order-Physician Form: These forms are also required if your student will take any prescription medications during the school day. These forms are also available at essexnorthshore.org/families in the “Forms” section.
Please update online or return all required forms (if applicable) to Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School by September 9, 2022.
Save the date: Back to School Night
We are planning to have our Back to School Night on Tuesday, September 13th. This will give caregivers the opportunity to meet their student’s teachers and learn about class expectations. We will provide more details regarding the schedules in the near future.
We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to campus on Wednesday, August 31, 2022, the first day of school!
Enjoy the rest of the summer!