Disposal of Surplus Supplies With an Estimated Value of Less Than $10,000
Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30B, s.15(f), the district’s disposition agent, the chief procurement officer, is required to dispose of all tangible supplies that are no longer useful to the district but have a resale or salvage value of less than $10,000 using written procedures approved by the district’s school committee. This procedure applies to all tangible supplies, including motor vehicles, machinery, computer equipment, furniture, and other supplies. The term “supplies” does not include real property.
Prior to disposal under this procedure, a supply must be declared to be no longer useful to the district by the administration and must have an estimated value of less than $10,000. By definition, property is considered surplus if it is no longer used due to replacement, performs in a substandard level that impedes the learning process, or deemed obsolete.
Once the property is declared and approved for disposal and a list of surplus supplies is prepared, the following process shall be followed by the Chief Procurement Officer until the property is disposed of;
- The property shall be valued in a commercially reasonable manner.
- Member communities are provided a copy of the list with a cover letter to the City/Town Clerks, Town Managers/Mayors and the Superintendents of Schools. The letter states that the equipment is being offered to all Essex North Shore A&TSD member communities free of charge on a first come first serve basis.
- The list of surplus equipment will be distributed electronically and offered to those within the school community to purchase at the reasonably estimated value on a first come first serve basis. It will also be posted on the school’s website for all public to view.
- If the District receives no offers for the surplus supply, it may be disposed of in any commercially reasonable manner.
- All items offered for sale are in “AS IS” condition. The Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School District School Committee makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied and will not be held responsible for any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- The District shall reserve the right to accept or reject all offers, and to sell any property to any person offering to pay more than the highest offer received as provided by M.G.L. c.30B, s.15(d)(1).
- All monies from the disposal of supplies under this procedure shall be payable to Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School District.
There are no postings at this time.
Claim Posting Form
Community Members can apply to claim equipment using the link below.