Class of 2019 Families, all information regarding senior Graduation, Awards Night, and Senior week will be hosted on this page.
Graduation Letter from the Principal – 5/9/2019
The Class of 2019 has been working diligently in academic classes, career technical areas, and in cooperative education placements and the time has finally arrived for our graduation festivities.
Our Graduation ceremony for the Class of 2019 will be held on Friday, June 7th at 6:00 p.m. We hope that this will be an event that our graduates and their families will remember fondly. This year we plan to hold the graduation ceremony outdoors at the Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School Stadium. However, inclement weather may require us to hold graduation on the rain date, Saturday, June 8th at 10:00 a.m. If a decision is made to have graduation on Saturday, students and parents will be notified shortly after 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June, 7th, via the telephone number you provided for the school’s Blackboard Connect phone message system. In the event of rain on both Friday, June 7th and Saturday, June 8th, we will have the graduation ceremony on Saturday, June 8th at 10:00 a.m. in the gymnasium. If the event is held in the gymnasium, students will be limited to 2 tickets. All tickets will be labeled for outdoor seating access and two tickets will also be labeled for indoor access. Should the ceremony be indoors, only the indoor access ticket will be accepted.
This year we will have seating for families and guests on the field and in the stadium. The seats are first come, first serve. We will issue 7 tickets (which include 2 rain tickets) to each graduate for family members or friends to be admitted to the ceremony. The tickets are for seats on the field and in the stadium (and this includes handicap seating). If a graduate has more than seven guests, “Standing Room Only” is available without a ticket. Tickets will be distributed to seniors in the Main Office before and after school during the week of May 20th. Tickets must be presented at the entrance gate for seating. We would appreciate your returning any tickets you do not need to the Main Office as soon as possible, so that others may use them for seating. If you would like to be put on a waiting list for additional graduation tickets, please email Erin Nestor at [email protected]
It is always best to arrive early (by 5:00 pm) to avoid difficulties in parking your car and to allow time to be seated well before the procession begins. There will be designated parking for those guests with handicap plates.
Awards Night will be held in the gymnasium on Thursday, June 6th at 6:00 p.m. Many members of the Class of 2019 will be recognized for achievement, merit, and service through scholarships and awards. Parents/guardians of those students will receive a personal invitation to the Awards Night ceremony. However, all parents and friends of the members of the Class of 2019 are cordially invited to attend.
Our Graduation ceremony and Awards Night formally recognize the accomplishments of our seniors—all of whom have worked and succeeded in so many ways during their high school years. Please help your graduate reflect on the importance of both these occasions. Graduates should dress appropriately—men should wear collared shirts and slacks; women should wear dresses, skirts or dress slacks so that gowns fit properly. We ask that there be no tank tops, shorts, or blue jeans, as these will detract from the dignity of commencement events. In addition, graduates must wear dress shoes or sandals. Please be advised: due to the delicate nature of both the synthetic field and track, high heels are not allowed. If a student arrives with footwear that is deemed inappropriate by the administration, the student will be given a pair of flip flops. By following these guidelines, our graduation and awards ceremonies will reflect the dignity and recognition our students deserve. Please note that family members or guests will not be allowed on the field if they are wearing high heels. Consider wearing flats or wedges, as they will not damage the turf. Guests wearing heels will be asked to sit in the stadium.
If you have any questions, please contact your son’s or daughter’s Academy Office.
Shannon B. Donnelly, Principal
Class Dues Information – 5/9/2019
There are many of you that have NOT paid your class dues. This is a graduation requirement and you will not be able to participate in events during Senior Week until they have been paid. Dues are a total of $200. Checks may be made payable to Essex Tech Class of 2019. If you have paid your class dues, please pick up your class t-shirt, please see Mr. Roumeliotis or Mr. Juan.
Senior Week Activities – 5/9/2019
All handbook rules apply for all senior week activities
Monday, June 3 – Senior trip: Spirit of Boston Cruise
- 9:30 a.m. Students should report to the Main Cafeteria
- Busses will be departing promptly at 9:45 a.m. – all students must ride the school provided transportation.
- This trip requires appropriate, business attire – NO Jeans, Shorts, Sneakers or Flip Flops are allowed.
- Bare feet are NOT allowed on the ship – wear comfortable shoes or bring flats to change into. Shoes are required at all times. This is a rule of the ship captain and is NOT negotiable.
- Bags will be checked by boat security – outside drinks will be confiscated. Please do not bring prescription medication unless absolutely necessary. It will be taken from you and given to a chaperone to hold.
- Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the boat – inside or outside.
- Return to school will be at approximately 3:00 p.m. – please sign up for the late bus if needed.
The ship will take boarding photos that will be available for purchase as you leave. They are $10.00 (plus taxes and fees) for a 6×8 picture. To be on the safe side, bring $15.00 and you will get change back. They also take credit/debit cards.
Tuesday, June 4 – Graduation Rehearsal, BBQ & Fun activities
- 11 a.m. Students should report to the Main Cafeteria.
- Students will receive their caps and gowns after rehearsal.
- The BBQ will be held across the street on the front lawn shortly after the graduation rehearsal (12:30-ish)
- Students should wear school appropriate, casual, comfortable clothing.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, salad, dessert, and beverages will be served.
- Money is not needed for this event.
Wednesday, June 5 – Prom – Danversport Yacht Club 6:00 pm-10:00 pm.
- Anyone leaving the prom will not be allowed back into the prom.
- You will be voting for Prom King & Queen on site. Nominations will be determined soon.
Thursday, June 6 – Senior Awards Night 6:00 pm
Friday, June 7 – GRADUATION
- Seniors should report to the Main Cafeteria at 5:15, with your cap and gown and tassel.
- Students should dress appropriately – Men – collared shirts and slacks. Women – dresses, skirts or dress slacks, so that caps and gowns fit properly. We ask that no students wear tank tops, shorts or blue jeans, as these will detract from the dignity of commencement. Please be advised, because of the delicate nature of both the synthetic field and track, heels are not allowed. If a student arrives with footwear that is deemed inappropriate by the administration, the student will be given a pair of flip-flops. By following these guidelines our graduation and awards ceremonies will reflect the dignity and recognition our students deserve.
Yearbook Ad Information – 5/22/2019
Dear Senior Families,
Yearbook recognition ads are a great way for parents, families, and friends to commemorate student achievements and important milestones. In addition, revenues from recognition ads help our school to create a better yearbook.
Walsworth, our yearbook company is managing our school’s yearbook ad sales, so please do not contact or send materials to the school. To purchase your ad online, follow the instructions on the website.
The website for building ads is: https://yearbookforever.com/
Ads are available at followings size and price
- Full Page – $150
- Half page- $100
- 1/4 page – $75
- 1/8 page $50
All ad orders must be placed and created by online by 6/10/2019.
Please contact Jillian Plante via email at [email protected] with any questions.
Instructions for Ad Submission
Our school reserves the right to edit ads per our guidelines.
- The yearbook staff and adviser reserve the right to refuse inappropriate content.
- We retain the right to remove any explicit text, graphic photos or copyright-protected imagery or photos.
- For the ad to appear in the yearbook, your ad must be purchased by the order deadline.
- We will make every effort to use your layout and text as indicated.
Just a reminder- Senior Yearbooks are included in the cost for Senior Class Dues. Please make sure to check with the Senior Class Advisers to see that dues are paid.
Graduation Ticket Clarification – 5/24/2019
Seniors have been visiting the Main Office this week to get their graduation tickets. Every senior will receive seven tickets. If the weather cooperates and graduation is held outside, all seven tickets can be used. You will notice that five tickets are marked with just “a sun” icon, while two are marked with both “a sun” and “a raindrop.” Again, all seven of these tickets can be used for outdoor seating. If the ceremony is held indoors due to rain, then only the tickets that have the raindrop can be used and each graduate will be able to bring only two guests. Please keep in mind that tickets will be required for admission to the field and stadium. We do have some extra tickets available on a first come, first served basis. If you would like to obtain additional tickets please email Erin Nestor at [email protected]. There will be standing room available outside for additional guest that do not have tickets. If you have additional questions regarding graduation, please feel free to contact the Principal’s office.
American Sign Language Interpreter Services – 5/28/2019
In an effort to support all family members in accessing all aspects of our 2019 Graduation Ceremony, Essex North Shore is offering American Sign Language Interpreter Services at our Graduation on Friday, June 7th. Please contact Sandy Goldstein, Director of Guidance, at [email protected] by Friday, May 31, 2019, should a family member seek to access these services during our 2019 Graduation Ceremony. Please include your name, your graduate’s name and a good daytime phone number in the email.
Lifetouch Photo Order Information – 5/29/2019
Good afternoon Class of 2019 Families,
Please find a link below to a poster from Lifetouch regarding how to order photos taken at the Graduation Ceremony through Lifetouch’s online portal.
The direct link to access is https://events.lifetouch.com/essextechhathornema .
Flower and Water Sale Information – 5/31/2019
SkillsUSA will be holding a fundraising event at graduation. We will be selling a dozen roses for $20 and a single rose bouquet for $5. Bottled water will also be on sale. ALL SALES ARE CASH ONLY.